Monday, December 12, 2011
A list of the calls to which the Wakefield Fire Department responded during the period of Monday, Dec. 5 to to Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011.
Fire Log for Monday, Dec. 5 to Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011: Total calls for service: 54 Fire incidents: On Dec. 8 at 7:46 p.m., the Wakefield Fire Department responded to 48 Water Street for a call of a stove fire. The fire was contained to the area of the stove and did not cause extensive damage to the kitchen. The Fire Department vented the kitchen for smoke damage. Fire incidents by the numbers:
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Steven Wanas, 7, was the first to notice a fire at his neighbor's home on Avon Court on August 22.
When Steven Wanas, 7, of 9 Avon Court in Wakefield saw bright orange flames leaping from his neighbor's front porch on August 22, he knew just what to do. "I told my mom and grandmother to call 9-1-1," he said. The family had been watching TV together around 5 p.m. on Monday when Steven, a 3rd grader at Woodville Elementary School took a cursory glance out the window. And what he saw next door at 7 Avon Court took him by complete surprise. "It was the last thing I expected," he said. "I looked on that side and I saw flames burning against the window. I was so scared." Steven's family called 9-1-1 and alerted the owner of the home, Phil Rogers, who was on his back porch at the time the fire started. Rogers, a retired Wakefield Firefighter…
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
A list of the calls the Wakefield Fire Department responded to during the period of Monday, May 23 to Monday, May 30, 2011.
Fire incidents by the numbers: Monday, May 23 – Monday, May 30: Total calls for service: 83 EMS calls, excluding accidents – 54 Responded to motor vehicle accidents – 4 Mutual Aid - 1 System malfunction -8 False alarm - 1 Accidental Alarm - 1 Lock out - 4 Structure fire - 1 (see description) Trash, rubbish, leaves - 1 (see description) Camp fire - 1 Lift assist - 1 Arcing electric - 1 Power line down - 1 Mulch fire - 1 Fire Incidents: On May 29 at 7:30 a.m., Wakefield Fire responded to 1251 main street, to a duplex home for a report of a trash fire. The resident had disposed of hot coals from a grill into a plastic gabarge back which also contained lawn clippings at night on Sunday night. By Monday morning, the coals igited into a fire in …