Sharing space with the Public Safety Building and Police Department, the Fire Department protects residents from fires. It also plays an active role in the community through fire prevention programs and various certificate and permit inspections related to building and fire safety. Its mission is "to improve the quality of life within the town, by providing a high-quality emergency fire and rescue service, an excellent fire prevention program, including public education and fire investigation, and a fire fighting and rescue force capable of handling all types of emergencies. The Department will accomplish this mission while maintaining a high standard of training and education, maintaining fire department facilities and apparatus, and interacting professionally with other town departments." Michael Sullivan serves as the town's fire chief. Call 911 for emergencies.
- Fax: 781-246-6433
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Building entrance is on ground level.
- Services: Building permit reviews, project and sub-division reviews, smoke detector/carbon monoxide inspections, propane storage permits and other various permits including fireworks display permits.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of firefighters: 49
- Number of trucks: 4
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional