Wakefield Police have announced that there are several security measures in place for the Thanksgiving morning football game against Melrose. The following is a list of the policies for tomorrow morning:
- All containers are prohibited from being brought onto the property, and they will be confiscated at the gate.
- Police reserve the right to search all backpacks, purses, carrying cases etc. Failure to submit to a search will result in denial of admittance.
- Any person leaving the stadium for any reason will not be allowed to return to the facility.
- An area, staffed by school personnel, will be established where students who are caught drinking or under the influence of alcohol or drugs can be brought while a school staffer notifies their parents. Students brought to this location may face suspension or be banned from future sporting events. This will allow the school personnel and/or police to return to their posts.
- Assign school personnel to specific areas within the stadium, preferably at a post that provides them with a high field of view. School personnel should may also be equipped with school radios.