Who To Call If A Storm-Related Issue Comes Up

Call 911 immediately if a police or fire emergency comes up. Otherwise, the town has these numbers for you to know as the storm makes its way through.

The following information was provided by the town of Wakefield on its website for Hurricane Sandy:


The Town of Wakefield wants to insure your safety and the safety of your property during and after tropical storm Sandy. We are providing the following information to assist you:

· Call 911 should you need emergency assistance from town departments. DPW, Fire, Police and other town emergency personnel will be on duty.

· Electrical outages should be reported to the municipal light department at 781-246-6363, please leave a message and your call will be dispatched.

· If you have a power outage, please do not run a gas grill or generator inside the house

· Refuse and Recycling pickups will follow the normal schedule, any change will be provided in the local newspaper, town website, WCAT and by CodeRed

· Secure outside furniture and other items

· Monitor TV news stations and the local cable stations for updates

· If possible, stay at home during the storm

Important numbers you should be aware of during the storm:

Emergencies – call 911, all other calls see below:

DPW Streets and Trees - (781) 246-6314 or (781) 246-6301 - staffed 24/7 approximately 3 hours prior to storm

DPW water & sewer division - (781) 246-6318 -call service 24/7

Fire Department - staffed 24/7 - (781) 246-6432

Police Department - staffed 24/7 - (781) 245-1212

Municipal Light & Gas Department - 24/7 - (781) 246-6363

Note: For an announcement from Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light, click here.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »