The following information was provided by the town of Wakefield on its website for Hurricane Sandy:
The Town of Wakefield wants to insure your safety and the safety of your property during and after tropical storm Sandy. We are providing the following information to assist you:
· Call 911 should you need emergency assistance from town departments. DPW, Fire, Police and other town emergency personnel will be on duty.
· Electrical outages should be reported to the municipal light department at 781-246-6363, please leave a message and your call will be dispatched.
· If you have a power outage, please do not run a gas grill or generator inside the house
· Refuse and Recycling pickups will follow the normal schedule, any change will be provided in the local newspaper, town website, WCAT and by CodeRed
· Secure outside furniture and other items
· Monitor TV news stations and the local cable stations for updates
· If possible, stay at home during the storm
Important numbers you should be aware of during the storm:
Emergencies – call 911, all other calls see below:
DPW Streets and Trees - (781) 246-6314 or (781) 246-6301 - staffed 24/7 approximately 3 hours prior to storm
DPW water & sewer division - (781) 246-6318 -call service 24/7
Fire Department - staffed 24/7 - (781) 246-6432
Police Department - staffed 24/7 - (781) 245-1212
Municipal Light & Gas Department - 24/7 - (781) 246-6363
Note: For an announcement from Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light, click here.