Back on December 2nd, . The home was thought to be about 100 years old and tragedy may have been averted by the fact that the smoke alarm batteries had recently been changed.
Since then, friends and family members have set up a fund to help Richard Brown and his two sons, who lived in the house, get back on their feet.
The Richard Brown Family Fund is set up at The Savings Bank in Wakefield. Donations can be sent to: the Richard Brown Family Fund C/O The Savings Bank 357 Main St Wakefield, MA 01880.