Fire Log for Monday, August 15 to Sunday, August 21:
Total calls for service: 61
The door of a sedan caught fire in the parking lot on Water Street on August 18 at 1:18 p.m., and was quickly extinguished by the Wakefield Fire Department. Firefighters in engine 1 responded at 1:20 p.m. and the fire was put out two minutes later.
A fire was started in a dumpster at the on Lowell Street on August 20 at 1:48 a.m. Four firefighters, under the direction of Captain Paul Pronco, arrived on the scene at 1:52 a.m. to find a fully involved fire in one of the dumpsters behind the school. Wakefield Fire put out the fire by 2:10 a.m.
A short-circuit in a Humphrey Street home lead to a small electrical fire in a kitchen exhaust fan on August 20 at 8:40 p.m. When Wakefield Fire arrived on scene at 7 Humphrey Street, they observed a wall fan that was sending out smoke. The smoking fan also began to spark several times before it tripped the home's circuit breaker. The fire department removed debris for the home owner and ensured the electic stove range was operating. The homeowner will be calling an electrician.
Fire incidents by the numbers:Emergency Medical 31 Motor Vehicle Accident 4 Lock in/lock out
2 Alarm System Malfunction 6 Water Problem 2 Oil Burner Malfunction 1 Fan Fire 1 Vehicle Fire
1 Dumpster Fire 1 Arcing Electric
2 Silence Alarm
1 C-O Detector
2 Smoke Odor
2 Accidental Alarm
2 Good Intent Call 1