The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 30-31.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- 12:03 a.m. A caller at a Warren Street apartment reported a foul smell -- possibly marijuana -- was coming from his neighbors' apartment downstairs. He said he only wanted to make police aware of the situation and would speak with the building management first.
- 1:25 a.m. A 23-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for leaving the scene of a car accident with property damage, following a report of a hit-and-run on Lynn Street. The suspect vehicle was a black sedan with damage to the passenger side. Police located the man on Winnegance Avenue after he left his vehicle further down Lynn Street.
- 1:48 a.m. DPS was notified that the driveways to Peabody Veterans Memorial High School were "very icy."
- 5:13 a.m. Police responded to a disturbance at Lahey Clinic and issued a court summons to a 33-year-old Revere man for assault and battery on a hospital employee.
- 9:21 a.m. A caller reported a person was on the ice in the middle of Browns Pond across from Bowen Road. The caller said the ice wasn't safe. An officer spoke to the man and informed him of the safety concerns.
- 9:56 a.m. The management at Terrace Estates on Shore Drive reported a tenant's home was broken into. Police said a sliding glass door was broken and an iPad, cash and jewelry were taken.
- 10:20 a.m. Miguel Peguero, 19, of 107 Lynn St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at Cedar Grove Cemetery. He was charged on two counts of possession of a Class B drug.
- 10:56 a.m. A juvenile was issued a court summons for causing a school disturbance and malicious damage of property under $250, following an incident at the vocational school wing at Higgins Middle School.
- 11:04 a.m. A caller on Northend Street reported her neighbors hooked up to her power and were stealing electricty from her. An officer said the tenants on the third floor were allegedly using an extension cord to steal the electricity, but the cord was removed before he arrived. He said the incident was an ongoing problem with the tenants -- the landlord was trying to evict them since they didn't have a lease and had not paid rent since September. The power was turned off in that apartment as a result.
- 12:13 p.m. A caller reported she was assaulted by her baby's father/roommate at their residence on Dustin Street. That 23-year-old man, who has a Salem address, was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery.
- 1:51 p.m. Mass. DOT reported there was an injured seagull stuck in the left lane of Route 1 North near JRM Hauling & Recycling. No one was stopping traffic to help the injured bird, however, until police and the Animal Control Officer arrived. The seagull was taken to Borash Veterinary Clinic.
- 2:05 p.m. Jefferson Zambolin, 31, of Lowell, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Aberdeen Avenue. He was charged with driving with a suspended license and failure to display the vehicle owner's name.
- 2:39 p.m. A caller at a Tracey Street apartment said she wanted help after drinking for five days, but didn't want an ambulance. She was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 3:33 p.m. An officer reported he was flagged down by a person who said she saw a white male in dark clothing and handcuffs running around the area of Denny's in Danvers.
- 4:41 p.m. A man reported his ex-girlfriend was not returning his property that was left in her car on May Street.
- 5:04 p.m. A man was transported to Salem Hospital with flu-like symptoms from his home on Roland Road.
- 6:11 p.m. An officer reported a woman was walking with her nephew earlier in the day by Eastman Park when a stranger told her the boy couldn't drive his toy motor car around.
- 7:22 p.m. A caller at a Ledgewood Way residence reported the person's front driver's side tire was slashed, possibly by a neighbor.
- 9:50 p.m. Police received a call from a "reporter" who said there were youths at the West School acting out. Police checked the area, but didn't find anything amiss.
- 10:04 p.m. Police received a call of an intoxicated man at SpringHill Suites. The caller said a male, about six feet, heavy set and wearing a pink or purple shirt, was trying to get into a white Ford F150. The caller then said the man was passed out inside the vehicle. Officer said the man was staying at the hotel, refused medical attention and was put to bed.
- 11:45 p.m. A female caller reported she located her stolen vehicle on Caller Street. Salem police were notified.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- 12:22 a.m. Luis Gonzalez, 44, of Mountainair, N.M., was arrested for assault with a dangerous weapon (a knife) and Wendy Gonzalez, 48, of Belen, N.M., was arrested for domestic assault and battery, following an incident at the Golden Banana. See related story.
- 1:08 a.m. Report of a car into a pole on Warren Street near Trackside Bar & Grill. A blue 2002 BMW operated by Ergys Qyrasi, 24, of 94 Birch St., Peabody, was towed from the scene and Qyrasi was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 3 a.m. Police received a report of a stolen car. A gray 2008 Nissan Altima was left unlocked with the keys inside on Collins Street.
- 5:01 a.m. Report of a tree down accross the road on Sparrow Lane. An officer said the tree was approximately five feet off the ground. DPS was notified to put barrels in front of the tree to prevent anyone from attempting to drive under it.
- 5:05 a.m. Report of wires arcing by a transformer on Cortland Street.
- 5:23 a.m. Report of wires arcing at a mobile home park on Route 1.
- 6:54 a.m. Report of a large tree limb down in the road, partially blocking Hourihan Street. An officer was able to move the branch to the side of the road so traffic could pass.
- 7:39 a.m. A caller at a Garden Road apartment reported his red 1999 Dodge Caravan with Florida license plates was stolen overnight.
- 7:43 a.m. Report of a tree down on wires on Clearwater Road.
- 8:10 a.m. A homeless 33-year-old Lynn man was issued a court summons for breaking and entering for a felony and larceny under $250, following a report of a burglary at a McIntyre Court apartment. A caller said the man was staying in the basement and then fled the area.
- 9:53 a.m. Police received multiple calls of utility poles down in the roadway on Route 114 near Mt. Pleasant Drive. The road was immediately closed and a detour was setup due to the hazard. See related story.
- 9:59 a.m. Report of a tree down in the street on Dana Road.
- 10:10 a.m. Report of wires down near a home on Patricia Road.
- 10:40 a.m. A caller at the corner of Holten and Pleasant streets reported the rear window of his car was broken and he was missing a license plate.
- 11:36 a.m. A caller on Florence Road reported a W2 document delivered in the mail was torn in half and information was missing.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.