.

Chimney Fire on Plymouth Road, North Reading

No one was injured.

The North Reading Fire Department reported to Plymouth Road Wednesday evening to put out a chimney fire. No injuries were reported.

Around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday, the fire department reported to 6 Plymouth Road after receiving a call for a chimney fire. The family had a fire going in the fireplace and the fire spread to the wall adjacent to the chimney, according to the fire department.

It took about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, and then approximately another hour to dismantle the wall to ensure that the fire was completely out.

The fire caused damage to both the chimney and part of the wall adjacent to it, the fire department said. No injuries were reported and the family is back in their home tonight.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »