The Wakefield boys track team fell to Burlington on Monday night, but despite the team loss, individuals had some very good performances.
First places went to five Warriors:
- 300 meters - Brett Tassinari 37.71
- 600 meters - Jonathan Miksis 1:26.37 (personal best)
- 1000 meters - Stephen Robertson 2:34.84 (Massachusetts #1, US#10 and .01 seconds from a school record)
- 1 mile - Aaron Lucci 4:47 (personal best)
- 2 mile - James Bridges 10:43
Other notable performances were Marc Bucchieri with personal best of 2:46 in the 1000 and Jared Geller with a personal best in the 2 mile 10:58, and Jesse Cardoza in the shot put 39'11".
Jessica Duffy threw a bomb in the shot put with a distance of 37'3" good for a tie for the farthest throw in Massachusetts to date.
Other girls with great performances were Patty Malone in the 55 meter dash, Thyra Root in the 300, Jess Treacy in the 600, Emily Hammond in the 1000, Kelly Ledoux-Walsh in the mile, and Melanie Miksis in the 2 mile.
The girls came away with the win vs. Burlington.