1. A cold one - Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 50 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Holiday sing-a-long at First Congregational - The is holding an of the Christmas portion and the Hallelujah Chorus of Handel's Messiah tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the church. You're encouraged to sing along with the orchestra in the choruses, or swing by just to listen. Professional soloists will perform the various solos between the choruses. Admission is free, and there's a reception afterwards.
3. Auditions -The Wakefield Repertory Theater is holding auditions for actors ages 14 and older tonight at 7 p.m. for "Once Upon a Mattress," a musical retelling of the classic fairy tale "The Princess and the Pea." If you're trying out, prepare two contrasting pieces in the style of the show, 16-32 bars, wear comfortable clothes and be prepared to dance. S including what roles will be cast and a synopsis of the play. Auditions will be held at the (273 Vernon St.)
4. Catch a Sox game for GMS - The Galvin Middle School Buddies will be selling Red Sox tickets tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. in the WHS cafeteria to support their organization. Available games are on Saturday, May 26, Thursday, June 7, Saturday, June 23, Thursday, July 19, Tuesday, July 31 and Saturday, August 4. Tickets range from $33 to $57, a price which includes a $5 donation to support the Galvin Buddies. .
5. Weekend Plans - In addition to all the great events going on tonight, don't forget about the on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the , the at 10 a.m. at , the which leaves at noon from Anderson Commuter Station in Woburn. For our full list of events see our events calendar.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.