1. Sunny and warmer - According to the National Weather Service, today will partly sunny with a high near 45 degrees.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - There are no Wakefield High School sports matchups scheduled for today.
3. Visit the gardens of Booth Bay, Maine - through a photo slide presentation from the Wakefield Garden Club, today at noon at (1 Church St.) You'll get a spectacular view of the botantical gardens of the 250-acre National Historic Gardens of Booth Bay, Maine as well as the 55-acre Bouchart Garden of Victoria Canada. There is a $5 donation at the door for non-members. See here for more information.
4. Meet with Galvin PTO - The Galvin Middle School PTO meets tonight at 7 p.m. in the Paulson Library at GMS. On the agenda is proposal to fund a bullying program at the school, event planning for the studen-teacher basketball game on March 14 and end of the year activities, and the box tops for education fundraiser.
5. Dinner dance tickets still on sale - There are still a limited number of tickets available for the annual Citizen's Scholarship Foundation of Wakefield dinner dance, which will be held this Saturday, February 11th at the Bear Hill Golf Club in Stoneham. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with a social hour, followed by a buffet dinner at 7:30 p.m. Then, of course, there's dancing with music from a DJ. Tickets are $45 per person and can be purchased at the CSF office at the Americal Civic Center, (781) 245-4890. For additional information about the dance, please call Roberta DiNitto at the CSF office, (781) 245-4890.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.