1. Another nice day - Today will be cloudy through mid-morning, then a gradual clearing, with a high near 72 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Friday night concert - The Maeve Gilchrist Trio (Maeve Gilchrist, Celtic harp and vocals; Aiden O'Donnell, bass; Duncan Wickel, percussion) will perform a concert of Celtic/Jazz/World music at (5 Bryant St.) tonight at 8:00. The trio's unique sound blends traditional Celtic folk music with other styles and includes original songs. Admission is $10.
3. Swing for Moulton - The big event, "Swing for Moulton Park," is coming up tomorrow night from 7-11 p.m. at the Elks Lodge (Bay State Road.) Will you be the winner of the $7,500 raffle? You can only win if you buy a ticket! Tickets to the dinner/dance/auction cocktail party are $50, or $40 with the purchase of a $7,500 give-a-way ticket.
4. Show for all ages - Tonight and Saturday night, the presents Honk!, the musical adaptation of the tale of Ugly Duckling. The show is a live performance that's suitable for all ages. Tickets are $8 and are available at the door. The show starts at 7 p.m. See here for more information.
5. What's up for this weekend - Wakefield is playing host to several great events this weekend. Besides the Friday events already mentioned, on Saturday, there's a at 10:30 a.m. at the , there's a at 2 p.m. in Reading, there's an in Melrose at 7 p.m. at the , and there's on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.