1. Warm and rainy, again - Today, we'll see showers and possibly a thunderstorm, with a high near 68 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There's an 80 percent chance of rain.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. at home, girls varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. @ Stoneham, girls varsity softball plays Reading at 3:45 p.m. @ Reading, boys varsity lacrosse plays Watertown at 4 p.m. at home, and girls varsity lacrosse plays Watertown at 4 p.m. @ Watertown.
3. Book donations needed - The Friends of Beebe Memorial Library are seeking books in advance of their Annual Book Sale on Saturday June 2, 2012. All proceeds benefit Beebe Library. Textbooks, condensed books, and magazines or damaged books cannot be used. Small donations can be dropped off at the Library during regular hours. If you need help with a larger pickup or are interested in volunteering for the sale, call Jody Sherman at 781-245-3631. The book sale itself will be held on Saturday, June 2nd.
4. Dine for a cause - Get your dinner at tonight, and 25 percent of your bill will go to the WHS Football Wood's Warriors Relay-for-Life Team.
5. Walk for Kelly McLean - Join the family and friends of Kelly McLean for a walk around Lake Quannapowitt today to support the permanent Kelly McLean Memorial Scholarship Fund that was established in March of 2010 following the death of Kelly from an unexpected complication after surgery. Weather permitting (rain date is next Thursday), the walk will begin at 5 p.m. on the lower common. Registration is $5. If you cannot join for the walk, tax-deductible donations to the Kelly McLean Memorial Scholarship Fund can be made to CSF of Wakefield, PO Box 321, Wakefield, MA 01880, and online donations can be made by visiting the CSF website at www.csfofwakefield.org.
5 things you can do everyday: