1. Possible snow - According to the National Weather Service, we could see as little as a dusting and in Wakefield by this evening into early Thursday morning.
2. Leap Year! - Most Februarys have 28 days, but today is that special day every four years when the shortest month of the year gets an extra 24 hours. It's too bad it falls on an extra weekday... in Wakefield, some businesses are offering specials, such as a $29 haircut at (544 Salem St). Anyone else you know of offering leap year deals in town?
3. Half day - For those of you with students in the Wakefield Public School system, remember, it's a half-day today. For those of you without kids in Wakefield schools, watch out for students and traffic as school gets out at WHS at 11 a.m., at GMS at 11:20 a.m. and at the elementary schools at 11:55 a.m.
4. Lecture at Beebe - Head to the tonight at 6:30 p.m., when Claire Kozower, executive director of Waltham Fields Community Farm, will present a program on the concept of . CSA refers to a model of farming in which farmers sell harvest shares (vegetables, flowers, meat, etc.) directly to people in the local community. In short, the farmer and community members become partners in the production, distribution and consumption of locally grown food. Reserve your seat in advance at 781-246-6334, x2.
5. Eat at Uno's for Wakefield Rep - The Wakefield Repertory Theater is holding having a fundraiser tonight at UNO’s, 300 Mishawum Road,
Woburn (Woburn Mall). Bring the coupon attached to this article to get 20 percent of sales donated to Wakefield's non-profit community theater group.