1. Keep your umbrella handy - There's a 70 percent chance of rain today, with temperatures around 55 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. at home, girls varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. @ Stoneham, boys varsity baseball and girls varsity softball play Reading at 3:45 p.m. @ Reading, and boys varsity lacrosse plays Reading at 4 p.m. @ Reading.
3. Martini Party - for a cause - is hosting a shopping and martini fundraising night for Wakefield resident Linda Malcom, who is walking in the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. A breast cancer survivor, Linda Malcolm will be walking 13 miles each day. Silver Clay will donate 15 percent of the night's sales go to the Avon Walk.
4. A Cappella night - It's so much more than just one a cappella concert. Sharing the stage at this special event tonight is Wakefield's own a cappella group, Voices of Steel, two groups from Marblehead, The Jewel Tones and The Grizzly Freakin’ Man Singers, the Kings of the Beach from Hamilton-Wenham, the all female AcaBellas, the co-ed ensemble the AcaPeople, and the LHS Chamber Singers, all from Lynnfield. Tickets for “An Evening of A Cappella” are $15, students and senior citizens are $10. The show will be held at Wakefield High School’s new theater, 60 Farm Street. The doors will open at 6:30 and the performance will begin at 7:00 p.m. Nine raffle prizes will be offered, including museum passes, cruise tickets, show tickets, a hair salon gift certificate, and an autographed book by a famous Wakefield alum.
5. This weekend - There are lots of great events happening right here in Wakefield this weekend. On Saturday, head to the at 52 Oak St. starting at 7:30 a.m., with the Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation at 10 a.m., support the next generation of entreprenuers at , at 10 a.m., or hear . See our full calendar of events for more to do this weekend.
5 things you can do everyday: