1. Small step backwards- Today will be partly sunny with a high near 46 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Shamrock hair special - (544 Salem St.) is offering a St. Paddy's Day special for all appointments made between now and St. Patrick's Day on March 17. The salon will give a 17 percent discount on any service.
3. For the seniors: The will be hosting a St. Patrick's day party for Wakefield seniors. Seniors are encouraged to dress in green and join in on a festive meal and listen to a live band. Lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m. The cost is $3. .
4. Moulton Dinner: Meet up with the Friends of Moulton Park committee tonight at the North Ave Diner from 5-7 p.m. That's when and where they'll be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win win $5,000. Everyone who enters tonight will also be entered to win a gift card to the North Ave Diner and receive one free pass to the Musuem of Science for every event ticket purchased, or two free passes to the Museum of Science for every raffle ticket purchased. .
5. The first ever Patch/Chamber of Commerce Open Coffee Hour - went very well yesterday morning! The owners of several small businesses stopped by and learned how they can claim their Patch business listings and the benefits that come with it, how to post events and announcements, and even become a blogger for the site. Family Acupuncture & Herbs of Reading, The Village Chiropractor, , , , the and more businesses stopped by to join in the Wakefield Patch online community. Check out these businesses and give them a rating or review when you get a chance today.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.