Good morning. It’s Friday October 26, 2012. Here’s a look at six Halloween-related activities in the coming days (weather permitting of course) that are probably within a short drive from your home.
If you have more Halloween-related events in Lynnfield or Wakefield that are not mentioned below, please make a note of them in the comments box below.
- Here’s a cool local Halloween activity, especially if you’re into history. On Sunday, Oct. 28 at 5:15 p.m., join Wakefield Historical Society President Nancy Bertrand for a twilight walking tour of the Old Burying Ground, at 1 Church Street. The cemetery dates back to 1689 and has Puritan gravestone art and graves of the town’s very early settlers. Click here for more information.
- Another Halloween event in Wakefield this weekend is the Halloween Monster Mash at the Crystal Community Club, 77 Preston Street. Entertainment by the Full Circle Band, 7:30 p.m. to midnight, tickets are $20, ages 21 and up.
- On Saturday, October 27 at 3 p.m., the Lynnfield Library presents “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” puppet show, by PuppeTree of Vermont. All ages are welcome.
- The Lynnfield High School Rotary Interact Club has announced that on Sunday, Oct. 28, it will hold its first biennial Monster Flash fundraiser from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Old Meeting House. The Old Meeting House will be transformed into a haunted house setting, $5 per child, maximum of $10 per family. A full announcement will run on this website on Monday morning.
- On Tuesday, October 30 in Wakefield, Silver Clay Gifts And Jewelry at 39 Albion Street has a Halloween Party and Fundraiser for Jennifer Ross, who is going to compete in the Miss Teen America Pageant. Click here for more information.
- On Tuesday, October 30, the Lynnfield Library holds a Teen Zombigami Party at 2:30 p.m. for ages 13 to 18. Drop by to make zombie-themed origami figures and to enjoy candy apples and cider.