Good morning. Here are some things worth knowing in Wakefield this Friday, October 5th.
Buddy Walk: The annual Mass. Down Syndrome Congress Buddy Walk is this Sunday at Lake Quannapowitt. At least several thousand people are expected to turn out for the event, along with some special guests. Organizers announced Thursday that Wakefield native James Massone of “The Voice” has been added to the guest lineup. Here is a preview of Sunday’s event provided by Wendy Agudelo.
Event Next Weekend: Looking to next Sunday, Oct. 14th, it’s the Steps 2 Cure NF (Neurofibromatosis) walk, also around Quannapowitt. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. and the walk is at 2 p.m. Click here to learn more.
Exhibit On Hunger: There’s less than a week until a photo exhibit on hunger by Michael Nye opens at Endicott College in Beverly. Local nonprofit group Gathering Change, which raises funds for area food pantries, has worked for months to bring the exhibit to the area. Learn more at this link.
Wakefield Art Walk: Several Wakefield Art Walk events are taking place this weekend. Click here for more.
Things you can do every day:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.