It's a weird work week for most of us this week because of the recognition of Independence Day on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
With most businesses closing down, here's a quick rundown of the types of stores that are open.
Open: Some retail stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, bars and pubs, liquor stores.
Closed: , the , , banks, stock markets, federal, state and county offices.
Trash and recycling: Pick-ups are on a one-day delay for the week.
MBTA schedule on Wednesday:
- Blue, Orange, and Red line trains, and Green line streetcars and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Commuter rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule. The last Haverhill Line train will be delayed from 11:30 p.m. as scheduled to 11:45 p.m. to accomodate 4th of July celebrations.
- Bicycles are not allowed on any subway lines, all day, on the Fourth of July. Bicycles are not allowed on inbound Commuter Rail trains from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or on outbound trains after 4 p.m.
- For additional information on routes, schedules, and fares, call the MBTA Customer Service Center at (617) 222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100 (hearing impaired TDD 617-222-5146).