Here are a few things worth knowing on Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012:
1) Showers likely today, with thunderstorms also possible after 5 p.m.Patchy fog after 5 p.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 75. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Tonight, showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog before 8 p.m., then patchy fog after 1 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Editor on vacation. Editor Bill Laforme is still on vacation throughout this week and will return next Monday, Sept. 10. Emails can be sent during his absence to email@example.com.
3) . Nancy McInerney leads this fun strength training class every Tuesday at 1 p.m. Cost is $4 per session.
4) : A new Intercessor Companion Group has started on Tuesday evenings 7-9 p.m. at St. Joseph's Rectory. Anyone interested in learning about intercessory prayer through sacred scripture readings, journaling and faith sharing are welcome.
5) Want the latest Wakefield headlines in your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter email and get the scoop every day. For an example, see the attached photo, which shows what the top of each newsletter looks like. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts.
Things you can do every day: