Today is Monday, January 4th. Here are five things you need to know.
Town Business: The School Committee meets tomorrow night at 7 p.m. at the Wakefield Cable Access Studio.
Travel and Nature Presentations: The Beebe Library welcomes Bill Gette of Mass. Audubon for an ongoing series of presentations on travel and nature around the world. Up next is a talk about the tropics of Central America on Wednesday, February 13th at 7 p.m.
Boston Children's Hospital Fundraiser: Local resident Tracy Ellsworth is raising money for Boston Children’s Hospital this spring by running in the Boston Marathon and also with an upcoming comedy night fundraiser at Giggles (in Prince Restaurant) on Route 1 in Saugus. Tickets are $20, the night features three comedians, and unlimited pizza. Proceeds benefit Boston Children’s Hospital. Click here for more information.
Wakefield Democrats have their caucus this Saturday, February 9th at the Americal Civic Center with doors opening at 9 a.m.. Delegates to the 2013 state convention will be selected. Click here for more information.
Things you can do every day:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.