Today is Thursday, December 20. Here are five things you need to know.
Burbine Case: The next legal step in the Burbine sex abuse case is this morning at Middlesex County Superior Court when Marian Burbine is expected for a pre-trial conference.
Cards For Nathan: First responders in a number of states are participating in a caravan to visit a young Virginia boy with cancer and to send him Christmas cards and patches from their respective departments. In Wakefield, Detectives Chris Grace and Jack Ryan are reportedly participating in the caravan with colleagues from other local departments.
Civil War Christmas: Coming up on Sunday, Dec. 23 at 7:30 p.m., the Unitarian Universalist Church and the Standing Room Only Concert Series present “A Civil War Christmas” featuring various performers doing selections from this crucial time in American history. Click here for more information
Gathering Change: Local nonprofit Gathering Change is at Barnes and Noble in Burlington this Saturday from 1 to 11 p.m. wrapping presents to help support local hunger relief efforts. The group collects spare change to provide to local food pantries.
Things you can do every day:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.