1. Sunshine! - The National Weather Service predicts a break in the wet weather today, with sunny skies and a high near 48 degrees. This evening, expect clear conditions with low around 32.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - The football team will look to stay atop the Middlesex League Small Division standings as they host league rival Stoneham at 7 p.m. at Landrigan Field. Boys’ soccer takes on Georgetown at home at 3:30 p.m., while the girls face the same opponent on the road at 3:45 p.m.. Field Hockey takes on Stoneham at home at 3:30.
The girls’ volleyball takes on Greater Lawrence at 3:30 p.m. at home, while the boys’ soccer team travels to face Austin Prep at 3:30 p.m..
3. State Reps to Hold Special Office Hours - Representative Paul Brodeur and Representative Donald Wong will be holding special joint district office hours at on Friday, October 28th at 9:30. The special office hours will be an opportunity for constituents to address their questions and concerns for the proposed changes to the district maps which will move precinct 3 of Wakefield from the 32nd Middlesex District into the 9th Essex District.
4. Halloween Party - will host a Halloween party this evening, starting at 4 p.m.. Games and activities will be geared to children ages 7 through 12, and non club members must be chaperoned by a parent or guardian. Activities include best boys costume; best girls costume; pin the bow on the skeleton; mini golf; Stoneham Police safety booth; guess the pumpkin’s weight; ghost toss and
pumpkin bowling. There will also be a teen Halloween party, open to members and non-members, featuring pizza, popcorn and a scary movie.
5. Twilight Tour of the Old Burying Ground - The Wakefield Historical Society invites you to step back into the past on Friday October 28th at 5:15 p.m. for a twilight tour of the on Church Street. The free walking tour will allow visitors a glimpse into the world of the town's early settlers, and will be led by the Wakefield Historical Society's Nancy Bertrand. The tour will begin near the Congregational Church on Friday, October 28th at 5:15 p.m. For more information, visithttp://www.wakefieldhistory.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-246-3070.