1. Break out the swim trunks and flippy floppies - Today will be sunny with highs around 80, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Senior awards night - Tonight is . All Wakefield Memorial High School students who are receiving an award reveived a notice in the mail, but all students and families are welcome to attend. The awards night begins at 6:30 p.m.
3. Let me hear you say om - Check out the benefits of Qi (chi) Gong breathing tonight, when Oom Yung Doe Wakefield (401 Main Street), will hold , one at 6 p.m. and one at 8:30 p.m. Both seminars will be approximately 30 minutes long. Gi Gong or Qi Gong is the study and development of the body's natural energy to improve mental and physical health, through the practice of specific breathing techniques.
4. Point your two thumbs up - at the , held today beginning at 5 p.m. at Lake Quannapowitt. The cost is $5 per walker and $20 per family, and registration begins at 4 p.m.
5. Celebrating Memorial Day - Today, elementary school students at the will have a memorial day assembly. As part of the celebration each class is adopting a soldier to send letters and supplies. What are you doing to celebrate Memorial Day in Wakefield?