1. More sun - If you didn't get enough of it yesterday, today will be around 62 degrees with a light wind, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports -
- Boys varsity tennis plays Lexington at 3:30 p.m. @ Lexington
- Girls varsity tennis plays Lexington at 3:30 p.m. at home
- Boys varsity baseball plays Melrose at 3:45 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity softball plays Melrose at 3:45 p.m. at home
3. Wakefield loses Thomas Butler - A big shock to many Wakefield residents this past weekend was the, a lifelong Wakefield resident and town employee for more than 25 years, who served as executive secretary and town administrator until 2008. A wake will be held on Tuesday, May 3 from 3-8 p.m. at A funeral service for Butler will be held on May 4 at 10 a.m. at .
4. Death of Osama Bin Laden - Last night, President Barack Obama announced that Osama Bin Laden, the Al Qaeda leader who planned and executed the September 11th attacks on America, had been killed in combat in Pakistan. Read more on the story here from the New York Times. What's your reaction? Happy for America, or nervous about a backlash?
5. Want to have your voice heard? - Are you a local expert on a particular topic, or are you interested in local or state politics? Do you already have a blog? Wakefield Patch is looking for up to ten individuals to join as local bloggers to help increase the number of contributors, voices, and information on the site. If you're interested - or know someone who might be interested - please contact editor Sara Jacobi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more of what's going on in Wakefield today, check our events listings.