1. Sunny, but cold - According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny, with a high near 36.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - Girls varsity basketball plays Watertown at 5:30 p.m. at home, Boys varsity basketball plays Watertown at 7 p.m. at home.
3. Spare change needed- The Student Council is sponsoring its annual "Pennies for Patients Drive" to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and they are looking for local businesses to keep a collection box for a few weeks. If you would like to assist the Student Council, please contact Mr. Gorski (email@example.com) at the Galvin Middle School.
4. SUPER BOWL - The Patriots have made it back to the Super Bowl again, their fifth visit in 11 years. So when's kickoff time? Watch them take on the New York Giants this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. on NBC. For a list of fun Super Bowl facts, . To upload your own Patriots fan photos, . For the best place to go out to watch the game in Wakefield, check the site later today. And for the non-football fans? Well, there's always the commercials.
5. What's up for the weekend - There are lots of great events happening right here in Wakefield this weekend. On Friday, see at (4 Oak St) at 8 p.m., on Saturday, is opening at 10 a.m. at 39 Albion St, also at 10 a.m., the will be hiking the Southern Fells, and on Sunday there's a at , (326 Main St.) at 7 p.m.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.