Winter blues are getting you down? Take a quick trip to Mexico—, that is. Inside, find splashes of bright décor, food as hot as you can handle, and drinks that will cheer you right up. All at reasonable, mid-ranged prices.
Run by the Moreno family, friendly wait staff happily welcome you. The vibrant colors of sunshine yellow, orange, sky blue, teal green, and hot pink on the walls and tile cheer you up instantly. Once seated, warm, freshly made nacho chips are served with two types of salsa—plain or spicy--while you await your meal. Mexican music plays in the background and on Wednesdays, a live mariachi band entertains the crowds.
Be sure to try the Mole Poblano ($12.99), grilled skinless chicken breast served with authentic puebla style with warm tortillas. Poblano peppers, chocolate, and spices create a delicious and mysterious dark bitter sauce. (A favorite among regulars, try to be inconspicuous when you lick the plate clean.) A full menu offers enchiladas, chimichangas, burritos, tamales, and even vegetarian dishes. Homemade guacamole is a perfect compliment to the chips. Margaritas automatically come to mind when eating Mexican, but Mexico Lindo’s also known for their sangria, too. Feel your winter blues melt away. Ole!
- Where: 449 Main St., Melrose | (781) 662-4056
- Price range (entrees): $10-$20
- Noise Level: Can be boisterous, but not overwhelmingly loud
- Kid-friendly rating, 1-5: 4 (there's a children's plate, but kids will like almost anything on the menu; fun, vibrant atmopshere)
- Romance rating, 1-5: 2, but not bad for a date night.
- Special menus: Vegetarian options available
Ratings go from 1 (lowest) to 5 (best).