1. The cool down - Today will be sunny with highs around 43 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Does your son or daughter play a spring sport at WHS? Wakefield Patch is looking for contributors to blog about each sport this spring. Blogging is easy - just email editor Sara Jacobi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. #TeamMassone - Wakefield native James Massone (WHS '06) has qualified for the next round of "The Voice." Massone won his battle round over fellow performer Wade Brown, Jr. with all four judges picking him as the winner. Read more about
4. Attention Democrats - The group "Going Local for Obama" will be meeting tonight from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Re-Max Heritage in Melrose (536 Main St., Melrose). The purpose of the meeting is to talk about upcoming events in the Wakefield area. They'll also be screening a 15-minute documentary "The Road We've Traveled," which outline's Obama's first three years in office. .
5. Blood drive today - The American Red Cross will be holding a blood drive today from 2-7 p.m. at the (1 Church St.) All donors will receive a coupon for a free lunch pack at Cumberland Farms, which includes a freshly prepared sandwich, any size fountain soda or frozen beverage, and a 1.5 oz. bag of Cumberland Farms brand chips. To make an appointment to donate blood, call 1-800-RED CROSS or log on to redcrossblood.org.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.