1. Mostly sunny - Today will be sunny and around 62 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. @ Melrose, girls varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. at home, and boys varsity baseball and girls varsity softball play Wilmington at 3:45 p.m. at home.
3. Theater night -Stoneham's presents "The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde," at the , (4 Oak St.) all through this weekend, with an opening show tonight at 8 p.m. Directed by Alex Lucchesi, the classic comedy pits reality against pretense in order to expose the superficiality of Victorian Era Britain. You can catch the show again on Saturday night at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m., and next weekend, too. .
4. Blossoms at the Beebe - The Beebe Library and Chamber of Commerce's biggest fundraiser, Blossoms at the Beebe, is being held all weekend. The event includes a flower show, silent auction, beer and wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, music for dancing and a cash bar. The night gets underway at 7 p.m. at the library (345 Main Street, Wakefield). Proceeds from the event will go to the Beebe Book Fund and the Chamber’s community and civic projects.Tickets for Blossoms at the Beebe are $30 per person ($40 at the door).
On Sunday, there's a free family fun day, will showcase the floral displays and creative efforts of local photographers from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Arts and crafts activities and a scavenger hunt are also planned from 2 to 4 p.m. Plus, all the floral arrangements featured at the event will be raffled on Sunday during the family fun day. Raffle tickets will be sold at both the Saturday evening and Sunday events. .
5. What's up for this weekend - There's so much going on in Wakefield this weekend. Besides the two events already mentioned, on Saturday there's a at 8 a.m., a car wash for at 9 a.m., for voters at 9 a.m., a at the , a event around Lake Quannapowitt, a at at 11 a.m., and Coffee House at 8 p.m.
On Sunday, both (3 Albion St) and (395 Main St.) are holding a event. For a full list of everything else going on in town this weekend, check out our events calendar.
5 things you can do everyday: