For National Candy Cane Day, which falls the day after Christmas, we visited the National Confectioners Association website to gather the questions and answers for a quiz dedicated to the striped peppermint candy synonymous with the season.
The quiz is available as a PDF so it's easy to print off and share with friends or family gathered at your house for the holidays. Or just test your knowledge below:
Candy Cane Quiz
1. Legend places the origin of the candy cane in the:
2. According to legend, candy canes began as a means of:
A. Rewarding shepherds for successfully guarding a flock.
B. Bartering for the Christmas ham.
C. Keeping choir children quiet during Christmas mass.
D. Decorating the Christmas tree.
3. The candy canes shape is said to symbolize:
A. A fishing hook
B. A shepherd’s crook
C. A ram’s horn
D. A beckoning finger
4. True or false: Candy canes were originally peppermint flavored.
5. Candy canes were originally:
B. Red and green striped
C. Red and white striped
6. The world’s largest candy cane ever was about:
A. 10 feet tall
B. 33 feet tall
C. 58 feet tall
D. 74 feet tall
7. Candy canes have been mass produced since the:
8. The box in which candy canes are packaged is called a:
9. True or False: Candy canes shrink-wrap themselves.
10. Each year 1.76 billion candy canes are produced. That’s enough candy canes to stretch from Santa Clause, Ind., to North Pole, Alaska, and back:
A. 6 times
B. 15 times
C. 32 times
D. 54 times
Take a look at page 2 of the attached PDF for answers.