Invite a friend
Plaza Jazz - The Yesberger Band
Berklee College of Music's 2012 Summer in the City concert series, presented by Natixis Global Asset Management, brings the free Plaza Jazz series to Wakefield this summer.
On June 21, UK "Pizza Express Jazz" contest finalist The Yesberger Band will serenade crowds starting at 5:30 p.m.
The Yesberger Band, an East Coast college band founded in early 2010 at Berklee, is the project of lead singer and pianist Devon Yesberger, backed up by good friends Spencer Stewart (bass) and Gabriel Smith (drums). They are a sensible, groovy, and poetic trio, mixing jazz nuances with catchy original pop.
Inspired by the untapped bounty of wisdom hidden among the stars and spread throughout daily life, Yesberger writes songs that channel the feelings of laughter and smiles that everyone desires. The resulting performances only strengthen these feelings with a positive energetic stage presence that is unmatched by most young musicians, and is evidence of a strong passion for music, as well as a deep friendship between the performers and audience.
The Yesberger Band's diversity and originality is the product of the rich musical community they have grown up in. Yesberger, Smith, and Stewart were all active jazz musicians throughout high school and continue to study the idiom. However, it wasn't until attending Berklee College of Music—where they were surrounded by so many songwriters, composers, and music styles from every corner of the world—that they began branching out of their jazz comfort zone, forming a band with a distinct sound and appeal.
The Yesberger Band has completed a successful summer tour that took them cross-country, opening for acts including Bobby McFerrin, the Yellowjackets, and the Temptations. Along the way they played 22 dates, sold over 500 CDs, met hundreds of new fans, and had the incredible opportunity to share their music with many open ears: just a small glimpse of their bright future. Their debut album, The Bad Weather EP, features six catchy original tracks and one original cover of the popular Beatles tune, "Blackbird." The CD is an independent release featuring the talents of many Berklee students making appearances on most tracks, as well as behind the scenes engineering and mixing.
More About Lucius Beebe Memorial Library
Originally built in 1922, the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library, named after the first chairman of the Board of Library Trustees, has undergone several expansions and renovations over the years. The library has thousands of books, CDs and DVDs for use to the general public, and offers a wide array of adult, young adult and children's programs. The library also serves as a meeting place for support and community groups.
Other events here
- French Club Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- "Plaza Jazz" Outdoor Summer Concert Series Thursday Nights at Beebe Library June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 20, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / July 11, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 25, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 8, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / August 22, 2013 / August 29, 2013, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Learn Mah Jongg by Playing April 4, 2013 / April 18, 2013 / May 2, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Supper Sleuths April 9, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / June 11, 2013, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Alzheimer's Caregivers Support Group March 13, 2013 / March 27, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / April 24, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 26, 2013, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Vanisha Gould Live at Lucius Beebe Memorial Library Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Unlimited Perception Live at Lucius Beebe Memorial Library Thu, Jun 27, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Grant Richards Live at Lucius Beebe Memorial Library Thu, Jul 11, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Eduardo Mercuri Live at Lucius Beebe Memorial Library Thu, Jul 18, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Matt Savage Live at Lucius Beebe Memorial Library Thu, Jul 25, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm