What's Open and Closed on Labor Day in Wakefield
In general, restaurants and liquor stores will remain open, but government offices and some retail stores will be closed.
It's a three-day weekend this weekend for most of us because of the recognition of Labor Day on Monday, September 5th.
However, this also means lots of other folks get a day off too, meaning various stores and government offices will be closed. Here's a quick rundown of the types of stores that are open, and some store-specific information provided to Wakefield Patch by store owners:
Open: Retail stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, bars and pubs, liquor stores.
- Greenwood Wine and Spirits: Open regular hours all weekend, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday noon - 6 p.m., and Monday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tootsie's Coffee Corner: Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday and will be open 8am-2pm on Monday.
- The Avon Beauty Center will close at 2 p.m. on Sat. and be closed on Sunday & Monday.
- Gone to the Dogs will be open regular hours on Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and closed Sunday and Monday.
Trash and recycling: Pick-ups are on a one-day delay for the week.
MBTA schedule on Monday:
- All subway trains, streetcars, buses, trackless trolleys, and commuter rail trains will run on a Sunday schedule.
- The Long Wharf to Charlestown Navy Yard water shuttle will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The Quincy commuter boat to Long Wharf and Logan Airport will operate on a Saturday schedule on Sunday, September 4; and on a Sunday schedule Labor Day.
- The Hingham and Hull commuter boat services will not operate.
- THE RIDE will run on a Sunday Schedule.
- For additional information on routes, schedules, and fares, call the MBTA Customer Service Center at (617) 222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100 (hearing impaired TDD 617-222-5146).