What's Up Wakefield? October 30
Call municipal light dept. at 781-246-6363 with power outages. High wind warning for region lifted as of 6 a.m.
Good morning. Here are some things worth knowing this Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
Storm Aftermath: A coastal flood warning is in effect for the North Shore region until 1 p.m. on Tuesday. The National Weather Service was expected to lift its High Wind Warning at 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
Power Outages: If you are experiencing any lingering power outages, call the municipal light department at 781-246-6363. To reach the DPW’s streets and trees number , dial 781-246-6314 or 781-246-6301. DPW’s water and sewer division can be reached at 781-246-6318.
Yard Waste: The town has announced that curbside leaf and yard waste collection originally set for Saturday, Nov. 17 will now be held on Saturday, Dec. 1. Call the DPW office at 781-246-6301 with questions.
Historic Wakefield Maps: Tonight at the Beebe Library at 7 p.m., join “Traveling Librarian” Jeff Klapes for a tour of the library’s new online collection of historic maps of Wakefield. To take your own look at the library’s online map collection, click here.
Things you can do every day:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.