Wakefield's 4th of July Fireworks, Activities, Schedule, Parade 2012
Here's the schedule for Wakefield's 2012 Independence Day Celebration, with information about the fireworks, annual activities schedule, and parade.
West Side Social Club Activities Theme: America, Keeping Democracy & Freedom Alive
Parade Theme: Celebrate America
- 7 a.m. - Registration begins for the Children's Fishing Derby at the lower common.
- 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Children's Fishing Derby - ages 2-14. (Kids under age 12 must have an adult with them). Special guest: Gene, "The Fishing Machine" Ellison.
- 8 a.m. - Registration begins for the Pet Show at the upper common.
- 8:30 a.m. - Pet Show at the upper common.
- 8:30 a.m. - Registration beings for the Cart, Tricycle, and Scooter Parade at the upper common.
- 9 a.m. - Cart, Tricycle, and Scooter Parade at the upper common.
- 9:30 a.m. - Registration begins for the Bicycle Parade at the upper common.
- 10 a.m. - Bicycle Parade at the upper common.
- 10:30 a.m. - Registration begins for the Doll Carriage Parade at the upper common.
- 11 a.m. - Doll Carriage Parade at the upper common.
- Noon - Dance Studio of Wakefield performance.
- 12:15 - Diaper Derby (a crawling race) at the lower common, followed by children's races (toddlers through 12 years old) and adult races.
- 1 p.m. - Canoe and Kayak Races - starting at the head of the lake to the lower common (anyone under age 18 must be with an adult).
- 1 p.m. - July 4th Race - Mystic Valley Runner's Club Race, starting at the Lord Wakefield Hotel. Entrance fee is $2. All proceeds benefit the Wakefield Independence Day Committee.
- 5 p.m. - Wakefield's Independence Day Parade starts on North Ave., in front of Lakeside Office Park and continues left onto Church St. The parade then takes a right onto Common Street and continues to Main Street. The end of the parade is just before North Ave., by the Americal Civic Center.
- 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Evening concert on the common.
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Band TBA.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Herland Brothers Band live on stage.
- 9 p.m. - Wakefield's Fourth of July Honoree, John Encarnacao, will give a short speech and then draw the raffle winners
- 9:15 p.m. - Dan Clark, the singing state trooper.
- 9:30 p.m. Fireworks with music over Lake Quannapowitt, dedicated to John Encarnacao. (weather permitting).