VIDEOS: Firefighters Knock Down Vocational School Blaze
Video footage from the scene of a two-alarm fire that broke out in the woodshop area at Northeast Regional Vocational School on Tuesday evening.
Tuesday night's fire at the Northeast Regional Vocational School drew personnel from Wakefield and four surrounding towns. The fire alarm disrupted a basketball game that was going on at the school at the time (they were winning, 16-0) and at one point, flames were reportedly showing from the roof of the school.
The fire apparently started when a spark ignited some sawdust that had accumulated in a duct near the woodshop area of the school. At the scene of the fire after the flames were extinguished, Wakefield Fire Chief Michael Sullivan reported that there was significant damage to the woodshop area.
In the featured video, firefighters had extinguished the flames nearly an hour before, but soon before they started finishing up, some additional smoke came up out of the roof. The second video was taken over at the side of the building where Lynnfield's Ladder 1 truck was staged and includes a brief clip taken through the window.