Things to Know: Blood Drive Today
Also: Nifty Needles 4-H Club and Backyard Gardners club both meet; share your Wakefield pics by using our iPhone app.
Today is Friday, Sept. 7. Here are five things you need to know:
1. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this morning. Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind around 6 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. American Red Cross community blood drive today. Pop into the Sheraton Colonial Hotel, which is sponsoring the drive, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Every presenting donor will receive a Red Sox T-shirt and a Monro Muffler coupon.
3. Nifty Needles 4-H Club. The club meets today at First Baptist Church at 3:30 p.m. Kids 5-18 will learn to sew clothing and be encouraged to participate in fashion shows. Tied into the weekly meetings are leadership development, community service and public speaking training.
4. Backyard Gardners. The group meets tonight at 6:30 p.m.; check the listing for location. Bring plants to swap or give away, and talk about sustainable home gardening. The group meets every month from late March through about Halloween.
5) Instagramming this weekend? If you take a great Wakefield photo this weekend, be sure to share it with everyone in our Pics and Clips neighborhood gallery. It's even easier to add photos to Patch from your phone with the Patch iPhone app.
Things you can do every day: