Things to Know: School Starts Today
Wakefield Public Schools' first day of school will be a half-day; painting class at the senior center; trivia at the Dockside; Lake "Q" Fun Run tonight.
Today is Wednesday, Sept. 5. Here are five things you need to know:
1) Showers and possibly a thunderstorm today. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog before noon. High near 80. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. Tonight, a chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Wakefield Public Schools in session. It's the first day of school—remember that it's a half-day.
3) Decorative Painting Class at the Senior Center: Join instructor Marilyn Mambuca instructor and learn to paint on glass, slate, cloth or whatever you want. Meets Wednesdays at noon, $6 per class.
4) Stump! Trivia at the Dockside: Are you looking for dinner, a drink, and a chance to prove your smarts? Come to Stump! Trivia every Wednesday night at 8 p.m. at the Dockside Restaurant on Main Street.
5) Lake Quannapowitt Fun Run. The Mystic Runners Club holds a Lake "Q" 5K Fun Run every Wednesday night at 6:45 p.m. (starting time changes in winter months). Arrive early at the Lord Wakefield Hotel to get registered; cost is $2. The Fun Run is timed and the results get post on coolrunning.com.
Things you can do every day: