Things to Know: Jazz Concert at the Library
Jazz at the library; French Club conversational group; Event Planning Committee meets; and Tai Chi at the Senior Center.
Today is Thursday, Sept. 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Partly sunny today with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Tonight, patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 8 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. Jazz at the library. Plaza Jazz, part of the 2012 Berklee Summer in the City concert series presented by Natixis Global Asset Management, continues with a free concert by Javier Garcia tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library.
3. French Club. A weekly informal French conversation group meets at the library each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. for those looking to practice and improve their French.
4. Event Planning Committee meets. On the agenda for tonight's 6:30 p.m. meeting—Holiday Stroll entertainment and Holiday Stroll parade.
5. Tai Chi at the Senior Center. Meets Thursdays at 11:45 a.m. Relax, improve your balance and reduce your stress. Learn the benefits of this ancient Chinese exercise. $20 per 10 classes with instructor Bill Barron.
Things you can do every day: