North Shore Food Buzz: Lots of Dining Options Coming to Lynnfield, and the Four-McDonalds Town
A round up of North Shore restaurant and food news.
When you're looking for a night out and a break from cooking, you might want to know what's new not only where you live, but also in other North Shore communities.
Here's our round up of the area's latest food news from local Patch.com websites:
By the end of the year, the North Shore will have a mammoth new shopping and entertainment complex, MarketStreet at Lynnfield. You've probably seen the signs as you drive along 128. Lynnfield Patch recently learned several of the restaurants that will be opening there:
- Otto Pizza is a Portland, Maine-based pizza place that recently opened a Brookine location.
- Panera Bread is a well-known chain featuring sandwiches, coffee and snacks.
- Boloco Burrito is a Boston-based burrito chain also well-known in these parts for its formidable burritos.
- Besito is an upscale Mexican Grill with three locations, all in New York or Connecticut.
- Five Guys: An increasingly popular and growing chain that specializes in just burgers and fries. There's one in Peabody.
- Pinkberry: The popular frozen yogurt and topping chain joins the roster of small eateries at MarketStreet Lynnfield.
- FuGaKyu: This Japanese restaurant has a location in Brookline that was one of my favorites when I lived in Jamaica Plain. Great presentation and atmosphere.
- Starbucks: Yes, Lynnfield is going to have a Starbucks.
- Teavana: Purveyors of fine tea from around the world.
McDonald's may boast of "billions and billions served," but their recently-opened Endicott Street location is under-performing. The burger chain's managers tell Danvers officials they need to move their sign to compete on a stretch that has three other fast-food joints. Some Patch commenters say the problem might be that this is the fourth Mickey D's in town.
Haley's Market Cafe opened this month after extensive work on the space formerly occupied by the Rockhopper Cafe.
Salem-based foodie Jade Mason continues to come out with great recipes. From a young age, she learned to cook Greek food. Most recently she parleyed that into a "Big Fat Greek Sandwich" that's worth a try.