Hot Ashes Ignite Vinyl Siding in Saturday Morning Fire
A fire that started outside was able to be stopped before doing any significant damage to a Nichols Street home.
A Nichols Street family will be able to live in their home after a fire on Saturday morning.
Wakefield firefighters were called to 9 Nichols St. at about 9:30 a.m. when a fire started outside the house and spread to the siding.
“(The resident) has put some hot ashes outside and it melted through the plastic bucket,” said Wakefield Fire Capt. Randy Hudson.
The fire spread to the home’s vinyl siding, which melted, he said.
Firefighters removed the burned siding from the home and checked to make sure the fire had not spread any further.
“The fire never really got into the house,” Hudson said.
The residents are able to return to the home, he said.
A Stoneham engine covered the Wakefield fire station during the fire.