Hartshorne Insurance Drive to Benefit Cradles to Crayons
Bring clothing and other items to 3 Chestnut Street in Wakefield on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6.
The following is provided by Chas. F. Hartshorne & Son, Inc.
Please help us help children! Chas. F. Hartshorne & Son, Inc. is sponsoring a “Cradles to Crayons” Drive on Friday, April 5th from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 6th between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at our office located at 3 Chestnut St., Wakefield, MA. Items can also be dropped off any weekday before April 6th between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cradles to Crayons is an organization whose vision statement is “one day every child will have the essentials they need to feel safe, warm, valued, and ready to learn”. They take in donated clothes, shoes, books and school supplies and provide them to homeless and low-income children. What better way to make a difference in the lives of children then to provide these items!
Please think of our drive as you begin your spring cleaning. Here is a list of the items they are seeking as posted on their website, www.cradlestocrayons.org:
“Cradles to Crayons” creates KidPacks that are hand-selected with care to meet a local boy or girl’s specific needs and wants. We accept donations of a wide range of new and gently-used goods that are appropriate for use by children ages newborn to 12.
Our mission strives to provide every child with the essentials they need to feel valued and we ask you to support us in doing so. Therefore, please ensure that your gently-used donations are high-quality: not ripped, stained, broken, or missing pieces. Please review the standards below to ensure we can distribute your donation to a deserving child.
Most Needed Items:
- Boys clothing (especially sizes 5/6 – 18/20)
- Girls clothing (especially sizes 2T-11/12)
What we accept:
- Clothing (kids' sizes 0–20 and adult sizes Small & Medium)
- Shoes, boots, sneakers, and sandals (infant/child sizes 0–13 and youth/adult sizes 1–10)
- Winter and rain jackets
- New socks and underwear
- Books, especially baby board books (ages 0-2)
- Brand new arts and crafts/school supplies
- Baby supplies, especially bedding, safety, feeding, diapering and health supplies
- Diapers, all sizes (we also accept clean open diaper packs)
- Baby equipment, especially strollers and car seats within five years old, swings, pack n’ plays etc.
- Toys (new toys are used for birthday gifts)
- New hygiene supplies for ages 0 to 12 (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Laundry detergent, batteries
What we can’t accept
- Due to the recent drop‐side crib recall, we are no longer accepting cribs of any kind. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Car seats over five years old
- DVDs/CDs/VHS tapes/computer games
- Religious and Holiday related books/toys
- Books about families (“I Love Mommy,” “Daddy and I”)
- Underwear/socks out of its package
- Violent toys/games
- Oversized plastic play structures and slides
- Large backyard toys, baby pools, and structures
- Stuffed animals
- Ice skates
- Used hygiene products/baby food/breast feeding supplies
- Used arts and crafts/school supplies
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY IN SUPPORTING THIS DRIVE!