Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 29
How to avoid traffic associated with today's school fire drills, details on the annual Holiday Stroll announced, a "Parents Night Out" to benefit the Woodville School, and more things to know today.
1. Rainy - Today will be cloudy with a high near 72, and a 70 percent chance of rain, although it's unclear if we'll see a regular rainstorm or a thunderstorm.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varisty golf plays Winthrop at 3:30 p.m. at home.
3. Woodville PTO -Don't forget about the Woodville PTO's Parents Night Out, a fun-filled night with a live band to benefit the Woodville School. The event is not just for Woodville parents - the organizers encourage you to bring friends from all over. Tickets must be bought by this Friday, Sept. 30th. Find out more information here.
4. Holiday Stroll details released - The date of the 3rd annual Holiday Stroll have been announced: Dec. 3, 2011, from 3-7 p.m. in downtown Wakefield. The Holiday Hat Parade, accompanied by the Wakefield High School Marching band, kicks off the event at the Americal Civic Center at 3 p.m. Then, throughout the event, there will be many different entertainers: the Baby Nutcrackers, the Senior Tones, the Wakefield High School Marching Band, Nazareth Academy’s highly acclaimed Trinity Choir, performances by Dance Track and Dance Studio students, performances by students from Wakefield Music and more. Wakefield Patch will have more details published on the stroll as we get closer.
5. Avoid traffic today! The Dolbeare School, and the Greenwood School will be conducting fire drills today, which is not only good practice for the students in case of an actual emergency, but it's also sure to stop traffic for a while as hundreds of students migrate across the street. The Greenwood School will have its fire drill at 9 a.m., and the Dolbeare School will have its fire drill at 10 a.m. today.