Five Things to Know Today, Oct. 11
A legislative update for seniors with State Rep. Paul Brodeur, a meeting for parents with special education students, and more things to know today.
1. Cooling back down - Today will be sunny with a high near 69, according to the National Weather Service. Can we get the heat wave back, please?
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys and girls varsity cross country take on Burlington at 3:45 p.m. @ Burlington.
3. Special Ed PAC Meeting - Tonight at 7 p.m., the Wakefield Special Education Parent Advisory Council (PAC) will host its first meeting of the school year in the John Volpe Library at Wakefield High School. All are welcome to join the discussion and meet other parents in the school district that share a common mission and vision. If you have any questions, contact Marie Rej at email@example.com.
4. School Committee - The Wakefield School committee meets tonight at 7 p.m. in the WCAT studios at Wakefield High School. If you'd rather tune in from home, you can catch it live on WCAT Channel 16, or rebroadcast throughout the week.
5. Paul Brodeur speaks with seniors: The Wakefield Sons of Italy will be sponsoring “A Senior Legislative Update” with State Representative Paul A. Brodeur. As the former Acting General Counsel at the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, Rep. Brodeur will share his first hand experience and expertise in the areas of elder abuse, neglect and financial exploitation. The update gets under way at 8 p.m. tonight at the Crystal Community Club, 77 Preston St. Wakefield. It's open to the public and refreshments will be served!
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.