Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 7
A screening of Race to Nowhere, a food drive kicks off at the Galvin, play auditions and more things to know today.
1. A nice day - Today will be sunny and a balmy 67 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Race to Nowhere - Don't forget, tonight is the showing of Race to Nowhere, a groundbreaking documentary about our culture and education system, and the best way to prepare youth for the future. The show, presented by the Wakefield Parent Partnership and Wakefield Educational Foundation, will begin at 7 p.m. at the Center for Performing Arts at the Wakefield High School. The hour-and-a-half long movie will be followed by half an hour of discussion led by Kelley Cunningham (WEF) and Peg Sallade (WPP). Tickets can be for $15 at the door the night of the show.
3. Food drive - The Galvin Middle School Student Council is collecting non-perishable food items from today through November 23rd. Send in a few items with your kids and they will get to sign a feather on the Galvin Gobbler Bulletin Board.
4. Play Auditions - Tonight, the Theatre To Go at Greenwood Union Church, 4 Oak St in Wakefield is holding open auditions for All in the Timing by David Ives. Auditions will be held on Nov. 7 and Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. No prepared monologues or appointments are necessary. Performances will be the last weekend of January, first weekend of February, 2012. All rehearsals & performances will be at the Greenwood Union Church in Wakefield, MA. For more information, see here.
5. Get back the game - The Beebe Library invites Wakefield residents to the next edition of its workshop series for job seekers. Today, Monday, November 7, learn about online job search and resume submittal. Participatns will engage in an analysis and discussion of numerous search strategies, including job alerts, job boards, job aggregators and company employment pages. The session will include a discussion of how to best utilize these web sites for submitting one’s resume. Advance registration is required, so sign up online here, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 781-246-6334, x6567.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.