Five Things to Know Today, May 5
It's Cinco de Mayo, trade your extra gold to benefit the Greenwood School, check out an orchestra concert tonight, and more things to know today.
1. Cloudy and 40% rainy - Today there's a chance of showers in the forecast, mainly between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. High temperatures today will be around 53.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Some games from yesterday have been pushed onto today:
- Boys varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. @ Melrose
- Boys varsity baseball plays Stoneham at 3:4 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity softball plays Stoneham at 3:45 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity lacrosse plays Lexington at 4 p.m. at home
4. Got extra gold laying around? Trade it for cash, and support the Greenwood Elementary School at Rada Boutique from 3 - 8 p.m. today. Gold prices are high right now, selling for more than $1,500/ounce. Gold Party Specialists, will hand you cash on site for your unwanted gold.
5. Play that funky music - orchestra? Check out the Wakefield High String Ensemble and the Symphony Orchestra and Orchestra Strings tonight at the grade 7-12 Orchestra Night Concert held tonight at 7 p.m. in the Galvin Auditorium.
Patch bonus: And it's Cinco De Mayo. If you're looking to celebrate locally, the Fat Cactus on Route 1 North in Lynnfield promises live music all day, and prizes like a free trip to Key West. Sounds like a party! [Just ignore the fact there was a shooting here last weekend.]
For more of what's going on in Wakefield today, check our events listings. Don't see your event or know of one we missed? Add it yourself!