Five Things To Know Today, May 31
The weather and four things to know about today's Grand March from Wakefield Memorial High School Principal Dr. Kimberly Smith.
1. Grand March weather - Looks like it will be sunny and 82 degrees today, according to the National Weather Service.
2. A spectacular prom tradition is the Grand March which is held at the Upper Common by Lake Quannapowitt. The Wakefield Police Department and the Department of Public Works will assist in the planning and execution of this event. The Savings Bank of Wakefield has generously provided the police detail, music, and decorations for the Grand March.
3. Due to the large number of spectators expected to attend the Grand March and to ensure the safety of all the participants, Church Street between the upper and lower common will be blocked off in order to provide parking spaces for the students’ transportation (limos, vans, etc.).
4. The parking lot adjacent to the Congregational Church will be reserved for parents of students. The only other available parking will be alongside the lake and side streets. For this reason, we ask that you abide by the above parking restrictions and arrange car pools to the Grand March.
5. In the event of rain, the Grand March will be held in the Charbonneau Field House at the high school. If there is a question about whether or not the Grand March will be held outside, an announcement will be posted on the WHS Website.