Five Things to Know Today, May 25
Where to run for fun, meetup for martinis, or find out about the Wakefield Repertory Youth Theatre's summer program.
1. Feels like summer - Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 69, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports -
- Boys varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:45 p.m. at home
- Boys varsity lacrosse plays Chelmsford at 4 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity softball plays Bishop Fenwick at 6 p.m. at home
3. Life's a stage - The Wakefield Repertory Youth Theatre will host an informational night tonight from 6:30 - 8 p.m. at the Beebe Library about its six-week theater program devoted to teaching students grades 5-9 about theater from on stage singing, dancing and acting to the behind the scenes magic of set design, lighting and costuming. See here for more information.
4. Meetup, Mingle, Martinis - Head to Artichoke's tonight at 6:30 p.m. to join in on the fun of the Wakefield Weeknights Meetup Group. The group has the downstairs bar room reserved so you'll have lots of space to make new friends.
5. Run for fun - It's going to be a nice day out today, why not join in on the Lake Quannapowitt 5k Fun Run tonight at 6:45 p.m.? The run meets in front of the Lord Wakefield Hotel, and costs $2 to join.