Five Things To Know Today, May 16
Where to catch a concert, where to hit up a plant sale, where to find out who made honor roll at WHS, and more things to know today.
1. Showers on the way - There's a 60% chance it will rain today, so probably high enough of a percentage to bring your umbrella. Otherwise, it will be cloudy with a high near 60 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports -
- Boys varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. @ Melrose
- Girls varsity tennis plays Melrose at 3:30 p.m. at home
- Boys varsity baseball plays Watertown at 3:45 p.m. at home
- Girls varsity softball plays Watertown at 3:45 p.m. @ Watertown
- Girls varsity lacrosse plays Cambridge at 4 p.m. at home
3. Top of the class - Check out which students from each grade made Wakefield High School's Term III honor roll. The list includes 20 freshman, 14 sophomores, 14 juniors and eight seniors.
4. May flowers - Looking to start sprucing up the garden? Every day this week, the Sister Plants Perennial Plant Sale is being held in Reading. Although the main dates for sale were over the weekend, the sale continues as a self-serve during daylight hours all week. For more about the Sister Plants, a collective of area gardeners, and the plant sale, read this announcement.
5. Spring chorus concert -Tonight at 7 p.m., students in grades 7-12 present their Choral Night Concert in the Wakefield Center for Performing Arts. The concert is under the direction of Ana Morel and will feature the WHS Chorale and Chamber Singers.