Five Things to Know Today, June 16
Bruins win the national title, Cafe Jag's celebrates the grand opening of its new bar, and more things to know today.
1. Beach Day! Today will be hot and sunny, with a high near 82, according to the National Weather Service.
2. And the Stanley Cup goes to - The Boston Bruins!!! If you're looking for a Wakefield connection, ask yourself: Did the Stanley Cup replica reported stolen from Keeling Street in Wakefield on May 30 have anything to do with Bostons 2011 national title, the first since 1972? If you have a lead, the family is offering a $300 reward for the fake cup's return. Or, if you'd rather go just see the real one, head into Boston on Friday to check out the Bruins victory parade.
3. Wakefielders spotted getting B'd up: Yesterday in Reading, a few Wakefield residents were spotted by Channel Seven showing their Bruins Pride - on their heads!!
4. New bar in town - Head over to Cafe Jag's today at 5:30 for the ribbon-cutting ceremony and celebration of the new bar. There will be a raffle with the grand prize of - a new car! You'll have to show up to win.
5. Meet your Rep - State Representative Paul Brodeur will hold office hours at the senior center today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.