Five Things to Know Today, July 13
Including a warning about having your pets nearby during BBQ's, and a dinosaur workshop.
1. Still hot, just not quite as hot. According to the National Weather Service, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 degrees. There is also a slight chance of showers between 4 and 5 p.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms later in the night, so keep an eye on the sky.
2. Keep your pooch safe. Angell Animal Medical Center created a post in our announcements section to pass along recommendations for ensuring pets are kept safe from hazards associated with backyard grilling. Discarded food items can cause serious gastrointestinal problems, and in some cases, death. Take a look at the hazardous food item list, and find out how to take necessary precautions. After all, your pet deserves to be looked out for.
3. Hope you're feeling political. The Town Administrator announced the formal weekly office hours reserved for the public for this month, the first being on Thursday, July 14.
4. Blast from the past. Head to the Dinosaur Workshop with Mad Science of Greater Boston at the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library today at 10:30am. Kids will learn how scientists dig for dino bones, and get the chance to create a fossil with the scientists.
5. Move it. Tonight, and every Wednesday night at 6:45 p.m. there is a 5K fun run around Lake Quannapowitt. Click here for details!